|About Willa Cather|
|About the Foundation|
|Visit Red Cloud|
|Books & Gifts|
|Newsletter & Review|
Join the Willa Cather FoundationThe Willa Cather Foundation is a nonprofit organization dedicated to celebrating the work, life and legacy of this great American writer. Through its scholarly endeavors, educational outreach, and preservation of historical settings and archives, the Foundation maintains a vibrant memorial to the Pulitzer Prize-winning author of "some of the finest pieces of writing in 20th-century American literature."
Founded and headquartered in Red Cloud, Nebraska - a small town that appears often in Cather's novels and stories - the Willa Cather Foundation maintains and preserves one of the largest known assemblages of historically significant properties dedicated to a single author.Members of the Willa Cather Foundation receive three copies of the Willa Cather Newsletter & Review each year, along with a free tour of the Cather historic sites in Red Cloud, Nebraska.
In addition, your membership supports:
• Educational scholarships and workshops
• Literary conferences and seminars
• Publication of the Willa Cather Newsletter and Review, an integral contribution to Cather scholarship
• Arts programming at the beautifully restored Red Cloud Opera House and Gallery
• Restoration of the Willa Cather Memorial Prairie
• Preservation of properties and archival collections relating to the life and works of Willa Cather
• Tours of historic buildings and sites related to the life and works of Willa Cather, in Red Cloud and the surrounding countryside
In an era when many of the small towns of the Great Plains and Midwest are ebbing into obscurity, Red Cloud stands as an exception to the downward trend - in significant part because of the presence of Willa Cather and the Willa Cather Foundation.
Your membership aids not just the literary and historical initiatives of the Willa Cather Foundation, but also the town of Red Cloud itself, a lively and artistic rural community that strongly supports the mission of the Willa Cather Foundation. The viability of this town is crucial in sustaining the efforts and success of the Willa Cather Foundation.
Last Updated: Wednesday, 19 June 2013