The National Willa Cather Center offers customizable experiences for students of all ages and grade levels! Whether learning about Willa Cather and Nebraska history for the first time, or taking a deep dive into the world of My Ántonia or O Pioneers!, students and educators will gain new insights that make lessons in language arts and history come to life. Field trips are available for half a day or a full day, at affordable rates for a range of class sizes.
During a half-day field trip, students will be able to:
- Visit all of the sites on the guided town tour, including the Willa Cather Childhood Home, Burlington Depot, and Farmers and Merchants Bank.
- Spend time in American Bittersweet, our permanent Cather exhibit.
- Tour the Red Cloud Opera House Art Gallery.
- Take part in an archival learning activity.
During a full-day field trip, students will be able to:
- Participate in all half-day activities.
- Travel to a selection of country tour stops as weather and transportation permit.
- Walk the Willa Cather Memorial Prairie.
- Complete additional customized activities as arranged between teachers and National Willa Cather Center education staff.
Not sure how to get started planning your visit? Contact Rachel Olsen, director of education and engagement at firstname.lastname@example.org to help you schedule your field trip.