National Willa Cather Center is Open: Plan Your Visit!
The newly opened National Willa Cather Center is an arts and cultural center that serves as a living memorial to renowned writer, Willa Cather. Located in Cather’s childhood hometown of Red Cloud, Nebraska, the Center provides almost 20,000 square feet of space that includes a public museum, archive, research center, classroom, bookstore, art gallery, and performing arts center. The Center occupies Red Cloud’s historic “Moon Block,” an 1887 structure that was fully restored and given new life as the National Willa Cather Center.
What you'll experience:
- Explore a new exhibit, American Bittersweet: The Life & Writing of Willa Cather
- Conduct research in the Willa Cather Foundation's extensive archive
- Tour Cather's childhood home and six additional historic sites related to her life & writing
- Take in a performance or exhibit at the Red Cloud Opera House
- Hike and picnic at the Willa Cather Memorial Prairie
- Spend a relaxing evening at the Cather Second Home Guest House
- Shop the National Willa Cather Center bookstore and gift shop
Where to find us
The National Willa Cather Center
425 North Webster Street
Red Cloud, NE 68970