Benjamin Taylor Book Launch and Reading
As part of National Willa Cather Center's efforts to commemorate acclaimed novelist Willa Cather’s 150th year, we are pleased to celebrate lauded writer and biographer Benjamin Taylor's much-anticipated biography Chasing Bright Medusas: A Life of Willa Cather!
Hear an excerpt from Taylor's new book, followed by what is sure to be an engaging talk back session moderated by Willa Cather Foundation Board of Governors president and professor Bob Thacker. In the years following the publication of her letters, Cather experts have published a rich trove of research, biography, and criticism, and we are honored to welcome professors Melissa Homestead, Julie Olin-Ammentorp, and Kelsey Squire to discuss their recently published books and particular areas of Cather expertise. We hope to encourage readers to expand their libraries and take advantage of the full range of new scholarship and biographical resources that have recently emerged.
Join us in honoring Cather’s prolific writing career and contributions to American letters on what would be her 150th birthday! A registration and Chasing Bright Medusas book bundle option is also available for this event, and the cost includes shipping.
Interested in additional books about Willa Cather? Check out these titles, all available at our bookstore:
- The World of Willa Cather by Mildred Bennett
- The Only Wonderful Things: The Creative Partnership of Willa Cather and Edith Lewis by Melissa Homestead
- The Selected Letters of Willa Cather edited by Andrew Jewell and Janis Stout
- Willa Cather Living: A Personal Record by Edith Lewis
- Edith Wharton, Willa Cather, and the Place of Culture by Julie Olin-Ammentorp
- Becoming Willa Cather: Creation and Career by Daryl Palmer
- Cather and Opera by David McKay Powell
- Sensing Willa Cather: The Writer and Body in Transition by Guy Reynolds
- Willa Cather: The Critical Conversation by Kelsey Squire
- Willa Cather: A Literary Life by James Woodress