"A Walk in Her Footsteps" Tour & Theater Package
National Willa Cather Center
413 N. Webster St.
Red Cloud, NE 68970
Spend three inspiring days, December 6-8, exploring Willa Cather's world and Red Cloud with our newly launched "A Walk In Her Footsteps" weekend escape! For this first weekend in December we're offering a combined special package that includes a real holiday treat—a Friday, December 6 performance at the Red Cloud Opera House of the The Most Wonderful Crime of the Year, a festive "who done it?" that is sure to jingle your bells. Enjoy delicious hors d'oeuvres while you solve the crime—and join the fun and pack along your "Ugly Christmas sweater"! Your tour package also includes lodging for two nights, guided Willa Cather-related site tours, and more.
**Your package will include:
- Two nights in our Cather Second Home, a host-free guest house (including breakfast);
- A VIP tour of our Special Collections & Archives and "American Bittersweet" exhibit;
- A guided 7-Building Willa Cather site tour on Friday afternoon;
- A gourmet picnic basket to bring to the Willa Cather Memorial Prairie where you might catch a magnificent prairie sunset, weather-permitting (around 5:00 p.m. this weekend);
- A Friday evening performance of "The Most Wonderful Crime of the Year";
- The 29th Annual Festival of Trees at the Webster County Museum on Sunday afternoon.
**Taxes and Red Cloud Opera House performance are included in package pricing
This is the perfect time of year to get away to "Cather Country" and there is something for everyone in this immersive and enjoyable respite in our unique prairie town.
For more information about our newly-launched "A Walk in Her Footsteps" tour, click HERE.
LauraLea Johnson at the National Willa Cather Center with questions, availability, or to book directly: email@example.com or 402-746-2218. You may also book on-line, above.
Our office hours are Monday-Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.